Tuesday 18 February 2014

Self Image.

My new years resolution this year was a few things;

  • Get fit
  • Eat better
  • Try to continue reading and try to become better spoken
  • Try to stay ahead of my classes if not up to date
  • try to be more normal
It's the last one that has been playing over and over in my mind for the last couple of months. As we approach March and my 23rd birthday I'm starting to think why, why should I be trying to be more normal. Why should I go around trying to impress people who don't care for me. Why can I not just be myself and accept that people might not like me but I find it hard. I was looking at myself in the mirror today and stood there for a while thinking 'If this was a mirror into the past would 5 year old, 13 year old, or even 18 year old Tommy like who I have become?' -It's a strange thought because I can never be sure what the answer would be. I need to work on my self image and take more time for people who take more time for me.
I'm tired of being there for people when they would not be there for me and hearing them complain about their friends who are not there for them.

I need to try harder for the people who try harder with me and leave the people who would leave me without a second thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment